Land Survey Department Lead (Registered Land Surveyor)
The Landform team is about to become even more dynamic - you could be our next? Land Survey Department Lead (Registered Land Surveyor).
Imagine a professional future that enables you to rise to complex challenges, take chances, and dig in to create amazing solutions.
You're a fit if you're passionate and interested in doing innovative and purposeful work that matters. If you align with our values—quality, leadership, relationships, mentorship, and enthusiasm. If you're positive, collaborative, and have plenty of pizazz.
The Land Survey Department Lead is a licensed land surveyor responsible for leading the entire Land Survey Department and Drone Operations Team. Day-to-day tasks will include distributing and managing projects and providing guidance and review to other project managers. One of your primary duties will be but is not limited to: reviewing and signing surveys and plats.
- A minimum of five years of experience as a Licensed Land Surveyor
- A licensed Land Surveyor in Minnesota, or the ability to be licensed within four months
- Ability to be licensed in other states
- Knowledge of using AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Good communication skills are a must
- Experience in business management practices
- Possess the ability to take the initiative in analyzing and resolving project problems
- Build successful working relationships with clients and public representatives
- Ability to properly assess staff skill level and delegate tasks appropriately
- Ability to lead others
- Capable of running a variety of survey equipment such as levels, data collectors, total stations, and GPS
- Developing and tracking the department budget
- Developing and maintaining the department business plan
- Setting marketing and productivity goals; implementing the marketing plan
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Work with the Crew Coordinator to coordinate field and office operations to ensure crews are working competently and efficiently
- Prepare, supervise and certify land surveys to meet client and regulatory requirements
- Provide leadership and mentoring to department staff
- Maintain and demonstrate exceptional internal and external client relations and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams
- Work directly with clients, consultants, and contractors. Perform quality control reviews of survey deliverables.
- Mentor and develop survey-specific skillsets within the organization
- Prepare accurate estimates for the preparation of contracts by others
- Read and interpret legal descriptions and title work
- Prepare surveys, exhibits, ALTA surveys, Plats, and Legal Descriptions
- Knowledge of field and office survey operations and basic understanding of Total Station, GPS, and Drone technologies
- Work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines as well as balance multiple projects
- Under certain circumstances, this position will also be required to work as a team to assist others with project drafting or fieldwork as necessary
Let’s talk about your future path with the Landform team.
Job seekers who match with Landform appreciate fast-paced and diverse work, a well-appointed and flexible work environment, collaborative teams of specialists that prioritize a job well done, and the importance of environmental sustainability.
A few of our benefits include are:
- Paid holidays
- FTO (Flex Time Off)
- 401K employer contribution
- Technology reimbursement
- Professional registration renewal fees
- Educational allowance
- Supplemental life
- Mental health care
- Career Advancement
- Charitable gift matching
- Work-from-home options
- Flexible hours
- Volunteer time
- Free lunch or snacks
- Employee Assistance
- Job training
- Tuition assistance
Plus, here are a few of our awesome social benefits:
- Annual employee appreciation nights
- Annual family events
- Ping pong table
- Fully stocked juice and pop
- Monthly happy hours
- Popcorn Machine (Minneapolis Home Office)
- Monthly birthday & anniversary celebrations
- Volunteering opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Fun and flexible schedule
- Professional development
- Socially responsible
- Diversity Commitment
- Pledge to thrive
- Fair chance pledge
- Pet friendly
At Landform you can:
- FORM YOUR PATH. Together, we’ll work to achieve your ideal career, including how your hard work will be rewarded.
- FORM YOUR TEAM. It’s less about traditional hierarchy and more about collaborating toward the right solution.
- FORM YOUR FUTURE. Your immersive experiences prepare you with skills to take on your future – including a unique portfolio and proficiency in working with cutting-edge tools.
Learn more about Landform.
- In 1994 Landform was created to redefine how civil engineering firms functioned by forming multidisciplinary studios focused on specific market segments. We began providing a comprehensive design approach based on our commitment to learning about our client’s businesses and helping them succeed and grow.
- For more than 25 years, our philosophy has helped us build strong client relationships through our commitment to our values of quality, leadership, relationships, mentorship, and enthusiasm every step of the way.
- Now we are looking forward to another 25 years of helping our clients succeed and create memorable places.
Propel your career today.
A brief written description can’t do the real Landform experience justice. Apply now to take the next step toward coming in for an interview to see the difference firsthand.
Now we are looking forward to another 25 years of helping our clients succeed and create memorable places.