The Landform team is about to become even more dynamic—you could be our next? Land Survey Field Technician.??
Ready for a fresh, contemporary take on design and development consulting? Landform helps private and public-sector clients create memorable places across the country.
You're a fit if you're passionate and interested in doing innovative and purposeful work that matters. If you align with our values—quality, leadership, relationships, mentorship, and enthusiasm. If you're positive, collaborative, and have plenty of pizazz.
We work in a studio model where everyone works side-by-side throughout each project's lifecycle so that you can focus on great work as you collaborate with all kinds of roles and experience levels. Three studios comprise the firm—Planning and Urban Design, Retail and Commercial Design, and Residential Design. Civil engineers, planners, land surveyors, development managers, landscape architects, and administrative support roles are part of the team.
The?Field Technician will join our Land Survey Department. Qualified candidates must be team players with good communication skills that have the ability to work directly with field crews. They will need to learn field operations, the transfer of data to and from the field and have the ability to work in physically demanding situations which require carrying equipment, standing for long periods of time, walking long distances, and working in adverse weather conditions. Being proficient in using Trimble equipment and software is preferred.
Your Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma
- Basic knowledge of surveying, construction, civil engineering, or landscape architecture Ability to traverse diverse terrain to gather data
- Ability to dig holes, pound stakes with hand tools, and clear vegetation when needed
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, extreme temperatures, and terrain Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability and desire to be taught and also learn on your own
- Ability to comfortably manipulate work and files in a Windows and Microsoft environment Ability to follow instruction and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job
- Basic understanding of the software and equipment necessary to complete the level of communication needed Good verbal and written communication skills
- An Associates or Technical degree in a related field or two years of related experience
Familiarize yourself with Landform’s Mission, Vision, and Values in your everyday work, such as:
- Relationships: assist other team members, communicate and coordinate with the Crew Chief, Crew Coordinator, and Survey Team Lead, build rapport with clients, construction site workers, and others in the field.
- Mentorship: be a mentee to more experienced surveyors, assist and follow the instruction and job site safety guidelines from the Crew Chief, work with others in a learning capacity.
- Quality: keep the survey work truck clean, supplied, and organized, coordinate with the Crew Chief to request additional supplies and maintenance requirements, ensure supplies are organized and stocked, maintain and track survey equipment, ensure all equipment is properly cared for and functioning, ensure all equipment is accounted for prior to leaving a worksite, inform the Crew Chief of problems with equipment.
Using the software and tools provided, become familiar and use Landform’s systems and standards to:
- Prepare sites for surveying including cutting and clearing brush, dig snow, chop ice,
- Efficiently operate levels, data collectors, total stations, and GPS equipment to perform survey fieldwork in a precise and professional manner
- Perform survey fieldwork, set hubs, and lath
- Begin training on the boundary and topographic surveys
- Correctly identify the common names of differing local tree types
A few of our benefits include are:
- Paid holidays
- 401K employer contribution
- Working from home options
- Flexible hours
Plus, here are a few of our awesome social benefits:
- Fully stocked juice and pop
- Monthly happy hours
- Popcorn machine
- Monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations
- Volunteering opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Professional development
- Diversity commitment
At Landform, you can:
- FORM YOUR PATH. Together, we’ll work to achieve your ideal career, including how your hard work will be rewarded.
- FORM YOUR TEAM. It’s less about traditional hierarchy and more about collaborating toward the right solution.
- FORM YOUR FUTURE. Your immersive experiences prepare you with skills to take on your future – including a unique portfolio and proficiency working with cutting-edge tools.
Learn more about Landform.
- In 1994 Landform was created to redefine the way civil engineering firms functioned by forming multidisciplinary studios focused on specific market segments. We began providing a comprehensive design approach based on our commitment to learning our client’s business and helping them succeed and grow.
- For more than 25 years, our philosophy has helped us build strong client relationships through our commitment to our values of quality, leadership, relationships, mentorship, and enthusiasm every step of the way.
- Now we are looking forward to another 25 years of helping our clients succeed and create memorable places.
Propel your career today
A brief written description can’t do the real Landform experience justice. Apply today to take the next step toward coming in for an interview to see the difference firsthand.