We Want To Immediately Hire A Land Survey Technician II
The Landform team is about to become even more dynamic – you could be our next Land Survey Technician II.
Ready for a fresh, contemporary take on design and development consulting? Landform helps private and public-sector clients create memorable places across the country.
You're a fit if you're passionate and interested in doing innovative and purposeful work that matters. If you align with our values—quality, leadership, relationships, mentorship, and enthusiasm. If you're positive, collaborative, and have plenty of pizazz.
We work in a studio model where everyone works side-by-side throughout each project's lifecycle so that you can focus on great work as you collaborate with all kinds of roles and experience levels. Three studios comprise the firm – Planning & Urban Design, Retail & Commercial Design, and Residential Design. Civil engineers, planners, land surveyors, development managers, landscape architects, and administrative support roles are part of the team.
We are looking for a Survey Technician II to join our Residential Design Studio. Duties include interpreting field notes and point data and utilizing computer-aided drafting (CAD) software to draft boundary surveys, topographic surveys, ALTA surveys, legal descriptions, preliminary and final plats, CIC plats, and construction staking computations; other survey products in an efficient and timely manner.
You’ll come with a knowledge of qualifications, competencies, requirements, capabilities, and knowledge:
- An Associates or Technical degree or related experience with a minimum of two years of experience as a Survey Technician II
- Basic knowledge of surveying and civil engineering
- Possess the basic geometrical and trigonometric knowledge to perform survey computations
- Ability to comfortably work in a Windows and Microsoft environment
- Basic understanding of the software necessary to complete the job
- Ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) or Registered Land Surveyor (RLS)
You’ll be expected to do/job responsibilities/tasks:
Familiarize yourself with Landform’s Mission, Vision, and Values in your everyday work, such as:
- QUALITY: Efficient time management
- MENTORSHIP: Be a mentee to more experienced Technicians and team members, work with others in a learning capacity
- ENTHUSIASM: Positive attitude, punctual, strong work ethic, high utilization, team player, fill in on survey crew when necessary, take the initiative in analyzing and resolving project problems
Using the software and tools provided, become familiar with and use Landform’s systems and standards to:
- Interpret field notes and point data
- Perform medium site drafting for boundary and topographic surveys, preliminary and final plats, CIC plats, certificates of survey, sketches and construction staking computations
- Perform plan preparation, including plotting and assembling plan sets with little to no guidance
- Interpret and write basic legal descriptions
- Understand the U.S. rectangular survey system
Your measures of success:
- Demonstrate competency and consistent use of Landform’s systems and standards in completing:
- Basic medium site drafting and plan preparation, including plotting and assembling plan sets
- Preparation of surveys, plats and CICs with minimal corrections
You're path to succeed:
- We will provide you with the training opportunities required to meet the requirements to continue your path to Survey Technician III, including; Landform’s Mission, Vision and Values, Landform’s systems and standards and professional development and networking opportunities.
Let’s talk about your future path with the Landform team.
Job seekers who match with Landform appreciate fast-paced and diverse work, the option of working in our office or remotely, a well-appointed and flexible work environment, collaborative teams of specialists that prioritize a job well done, and the importance of environmental sustainability.
- A collaborative environment that encourages teamwork, innovation and creativity to achieve a common goal
- Open office environment with a desk that allows you to sit or stand
- Mobile-friendly computer to move around to collaborative or quiet workspaces
Your travel opportunities:
- Minimal travel for this role
- Twin Cities: project sites, city offices, client offices
- Paid holidays
- FTO (Flex Time Off)
- 401K employer contribution
- Technology reimbursement
- Professional registration renewal fees
- Educational allowance
- Supplemental life
- Mental health care
- Career Advancement
- Charitable gift matching
- Work-from-home options
- Flexible hours
- Volunteer time
- Free lunch or snacks
- Employee Assistance
- Job training
- Tuition assistance
- Annual employee appreciation nights
- Annual family events
- Ping pong table (In our downtown Minneapolis office)
- Fully stocked juice & pop
- Monthly happy hours
- Popcorn Machine (In our downtown Minneapolis office)
- Monthly birthday & anniversary celebrations
- Volunteering opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Fun and flexible schedule
- Professional development
- Socially responsible
- Diversity Commitment
- Pledge to thrive
- Fair chance pledge
- Pet friendly
At Landform, you can:
- FORM YOUR PATH. Together, we’ll work to achieve your ideal career, including how your hard work will be rewarded.
- FORM YOUR TEAM. It’s less about traditional hierarchy and more about collaborating toward the right solution.
- FORM YOUR FUTURE. Your immersive experiences prepare you with skills to take on your future – including a unique portfolio and proficiency in working with cutting-edge tools.
Propel your career today.
A brief written description can’t do the real Landform experience justice. Apply now to take the next step toward coming in for an interview to see the difference firsthand.
Learn more about Landform.
In 1994 Landform was created to redefine the way civil engineering firms functioned by forming multidisciplinary studios focused on specific market segments. We began providing a comprehensive design approach based on our commitment to learning about our client’s businesses and helping them succeed and grow.
For more than 25 years, our philosophy has helped us build strong client relationships through our commitment to our values of quality, leadership, relationships, mentorship, and enthusiasm every step of the way.
Now we are looking forward to another 25 years of helping our clients succeed and create memorable places.