Member Relations Coordinator
Elk River Area Chamber of Commerce
Position Purpose: Build member retention through a proactive program of contacts, communications, programs and benefits. Connect with members one on one to build their understanding of the value of their membership. Ensure the chamber records maintain accurate data and accounts receivables.
Primary Responsibilities: (to include but not limited to the following)
- Develop and execute the chamber’s membership retention program.
- Visit a predetermined number of current member businesses per month.
- Prepare reports with information from retention efforts.
- Make appointments for Executive Director to meet face to face with members
New Member On-Boarding
- Liaison to Chamber Ambassadors committee, including scheduling new member visits, ribbon cuttings, taking photos, maintaining active list of which businesses need visits and recruiting new Ambassadors
- Process new member applications including invoicing new accounts and following up with online inquiries
- Meet with new members to help them understand the benefits available and encourage use of specific benefits based on member’s goals and needs
- Prepare and send out monthly invoices for chamber dues and 30-60-90 day reminder notices.
- Collect unpaid membership dues through telephone calls, personal visits, etc. as appropriate.
- Monitor and update database with member updates and coordinate e-mail listings.
- Coordinate all prospects, new member and renewal correspondence.
- Maintain office equipment, software licenses, computers, copier, and postage machine, outsources repairs as needed, within budget.
- Manage Gift Certificate program
- Prepare monthly membership reports for board of directors
- Produce the Member2Member newsletter, including selling advertising with an established goal
- Coordinate the Big Deal Business program a Member to Member recognition program
- Develop and Coordinate direct member promotions program such as Oliver the Elk.
- Coordinate accurate member data and chamber content for the Elk River Community Guide & Membership Director project with outside publisher.
- Coordinate, create and schedule content for programs and events under your responsibility
- Analyze programs for effectiveness and value-added benefits and recommend changes.
- Develop, organize and administer general membership meetings and events: Annual Meeting & Volunteer Recognition, Business Awards, Government Affairs Lunch and Leadership Luncheon.
- Assist in answering the telephone and greeting visitors to the chamber when necessary.
- Engage in the community as needed to be a visible face of the chamber to the community
- Participate in networking opportunities to solicit prospects for the chamber
- Share responsibility for office organization and cleanliness
- Team player that will assist when needed outside the normal scope of responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with chamber members, staff, outside organizations and agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to motivate volunteers
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service to members and not-yet members alike.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, communicate status of projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, determine priorities and make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities and workloads.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office 365 and database software programs..
- Basic principles of graphic design, social media platforms, and email marketing programs,.
- Ability to occasionally attend early morning, late afternoon and evening meetings.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a trustworthy and respectable manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing and on the telephone.
- Professional presence and strong interpersonal skills are a requirement.
- Degree or substantial experience in business, marketing, public relations or related field
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- General understanding of not-for-profit organizations,
- General understanding of the Elk River and Sherburne County area.
- Chamber or trade association experience preferred.
- Project management experience a plus
- The position requires the ability to navigate stairways and the physical stamina to lift and carry 25 pounds.
The Member Relations Coordinator is a 30 hour/week position that is responsible for direct member development and retention. His/her mission is to ensure members identify benefits that will fulfill their goals and benefit their businesses and increase the likelihood of retaining the membership investment. He/she is expected to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times.
Interested candidates should submit resume and salary requirements to Debbi Rydberg, Executive Director, Elk River Area Chamber of Commerce, 509 Highway 10, Elk River, MN 55330 or via email
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour