This is a second shift position working M-F 5:00 pm to 1:30 am.
Responsibilities of this position are to maintain a safe, healthy, and secure atmosphere of all Sherburne County properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These examples of typical duties do not include all possible tasks for this classification and do not limit the assignment of related tasks. Regular attendance according to the department's approved work schedule is required for all Sherburne County positions.
- Knowledge of building and grounds maintenance including safe operation of equipment and appropriate use of cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Skilled in, or ability to quickly learn, operation and maintenance of custodial and grounds keeping equipment.
- Primarily responsible for fueling and parking of fleet vehicles.
- Ensures that all work is performed adhering to safety and security procedures. Most notably are tasks regarding buildings and grounds maintenance including, but not limited to: snow and ice removal, door security, and appropriate equipment inspection.
- Monitor supply inventories and departmental equipment condition so that proper stock can be maintained and distributed to county staff as required.
- Clean and disinfect building areas including bathrooms, floors, water fountains, etc. as needed
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of assignments.
- Ability to keep to a work schedule assuring all assigned work is completed in a timely manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required, plus two years relevant work experience.
- A valid MN driver's license or equivalent mobility.
Position works with cleaning chemicals, vehicle maintenance fluids and solvents, and in all weather conditions including grounds keeping and ice and snow removal. Will occasionally require working long hours and/or being called out to ensure ice and snow are removed prior to or after normal business hours.
Work hazards include chemicals, working in areas that may contain infectious materials, lifting, repeated movement, noise, fumes and odors, and all weather conditions.
Typical Physical Requirements for this Position:
Ability to lift, push, pull up to 100 pounds occasionally.
Ability to carry up to 50 pounds frequently.
Non-sedentary job requiring walking, climbing and vehicle operation continuously.
Hiring Hourly Salary Range:
$17.39 - $20.71, dependent upon qualifications and experience
A $1.00/hour shift differential will be applied to hours worked from 6 p.m. - 6 a.m.
Must successfully complete pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.