Elk River, MN
A 4x10 work week with participation in an on-call rotation schedule is required.
Application Deadline: June 2, 2020
More than power, we're about people. At Great River Energy (GRE), people are our first priority--both customers and employees. Here, you will find a team-centered environment that's rewarding, challenging, and exciting. As a cooperative-owned generation and transmission company, we are Minnesota's second largest utility based on generating capacity.
We are currently looking for an Operations Analyst with a strong focus on network operations within our Information Technology Division. The position ensures overall quality and stability of our operating environment by monitoring, analyzing, and coordinating resolution to network, system, and application performance issues and security events.
- Coordinate resolution and communication for all incidents and changes following procedures and ensuring adherence to service level agreements using our Maximo ticketing system.
- Utilize various monitoring and management tools for event detection, problem identification, trending or historical analysis, and for corrective or remedial actions where appropriate.
- Recommend and oversee implementation of additional monitoring efforts to promote proactive incident response, preventive maintenance, and change management practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field and 3+ years of experience in IT operations OR 2+ years post high school education in a technology related field and 5+ years of experience in IT operations.
- Strong network troubleshooting skills. Working knowledge and maintenance of WANs, LANs, routing protocols, SNMP, Internet Protocol Suites and Cisco networking equipment.
- Knowledge of SONET, TDM and RF network transmission systems and integration of these technologies in a large-scale, complex, regional network is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to relate complex technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in application, system, and network monitoring and incident response.
- Advanced knowledge of change management, incident response and operations management practices.
- Proven operations problem management skills with the ability to perform root cause analysis to proactively identify patterns and work with others outside of our team to prevent future problems.
- Proficient in managing multiple projects and tasks with changing priorities and remain calm in high pressure situations.
- Formal ITIL training and experience with SolarWinds Orion tool suite is preferred.
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux, VMWare) and server and storage concepts (SAN principles, high-availability, clustering) and patch management practices is a plus.
Qualified professionals will find we have a lot to offer: competitive compensation, continued education, an on-site workout facility, generous retirement plan, along with many more benefits. Qualified candidates, please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com under the Careers tab by June 2, 2020.
GRE is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vets Employer.