Looking for a dynamic individuals to fill a full-time clerical position in a very busy Health & Human Services Department.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These examples of typical duties do not include all possible tasks for this classification and do not limit the assignment of related tasks. Regular attendance according to the department's approved work schedule is required for all Sherburne County positions.
- Assist with reception for callers and walk-ins directing them to the appropriate worker or unit for assistance.
- Clerical support duties for a large Health & Human Services Agency.
- Assist with processing and/or scanning of daily incoming and outgoing mail while adhering to strict confidentiality and data privacy policies.
- Assist with distribution of incoming faxes.
- Replace toner, paper, and troubleshoot and/or call for repair for Agency copy machines.
- Other duties/special projects as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: A minimum of one-year of clerical experience or equivalent education plus work experience.
Extensive high-volume customer service/front desk experience as well as knowledge of public assistance programs is desired. The ability to multi-task, handle interruptions, be flexible in day-to-day tasks and schedule is imperative for success in this position.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Ability to operate office machines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Accountabilities Shared By All Employees
- Performs job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the County's vision, mission, and values.
- Develops and maintains a thorough working knowledge of all department and county-wide policies, protocols and procedures that apply to the performance of this position.
- Develops respectful and cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Informs immediate supervisor of all important matters pertaining to assigned job responsibilities.
- Seeks opportunities for further personal growth and development.
- Represents the County in a professional manner to all internal and external contacts when conducting County business.
- Complies with all rules and policies in order to maintain a safe work environment.
Hours of Work: This position has a usual work schedule of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; may include occasional evening and weekend hours.
Typical Working Environment:
100% inside work environment.
Typical Physical Requirements for this Position:
Operation of office equipment, computer, and telephone system requires manual and physical dexterity. Lifting and moving office supplies including reams of paper and loading machines with paper and replacing toner. Hand/eye coordination and visual acuity are necessary to work between papers reports/hard copy and the computer monitor. There can be extensive standing or sitting.