Remote/Hybrid Residential Civil Engineer or PE/EIT
The Landform team is about to become even more dynamic - you could be our next Civil Engineer or PE/EIT.??
Ready for a fresh, contemporary take on design and development consulting? Landform helps private and public-sector clients create memorable places across the country.
You're a fit if you're passionate and interested in doing innovative and purposeful work that matters. If you align with our values—quality, leadership, relationships, mentorship, and enthusiasm. If you're positive, collaborative, and have plenty of pizazz.
We work in a studio model where everyone works side-by-side throughout each project's lifecycle so that you can focus on great work as you collaborate with all kinds of roles and experience levels. Three studios comprise the firm—Planning and Urban Design, Retail and Commercial Design, and Residential Design. Civil engineers, planners, land surveyors, development managers, landscape architects, and administrative support roles are part of the team.
The?Designer will join our Residential Design studio. Qualified experienced candidates should have experience in all aspects of site design, including, but not limited to, preparation of site plans, grading, drainage, erosion control plans, utility plans, and coordination with other disciplines. You will be expected to work directly with clients, consultants, and contractors. Entry-level should be interested in Residential site design.
You are a team member with basic industry knowledge that will be trained on Landform’s Mission, Vision, and Values with daily opportunities to rise to complex challenges, take chances and dig in to create amazing solutions. We are looking for entry-level to 5 years of experience.
You’ll come with a knowledge of qualifications, competencies, requirements, capabilities, and knowledge:
- An Associates or Technical degree in a related field or related experience
- Basic knowledge of civil engineering
- Ability to comfortably work in a Windows and Microsoft environment
- Basic understanding of the software necessary to complete the level of communication needed
- Ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and growth-minded
- Four-year degree in civil engineering, landscape architecture, or a related field
You’ll be expected to do/the job responsibilities/tasks:
Familiarize yourself with Landform’s Mission, Vision, and Values in your everyday work, such as:
- RELATIONSHIPS: assist other team members, appropriate communication with clients, jurisdictional staff, and contractors
- MENTORSHIP: be a mentee to more experienced Designers and team members, work with others in a learning capacity, willingness to learn.
- ENTHUSIASM: positive attitude, punctuality, strong work ethic, high utilization.
Using the software and tools provided, become familiar with and use Landform’s systems and standards to:
- Plan preparation, including plotting and assembling plan sets with guidance
- Perform basic small-site drafting and grading
- Perform basic small-site stormwater modeling, storage indication, and routing methods
- Perform basic site lighting and landscape plans
- Perform private utility coordination, site investigations, technical and basic zoning research
- Perform basic design and materials selection with guidance
Let’s talk about your future path with the Landform team.
Job seekers who match with Landform appreciate fast-paced and diverse work, a well-appointed and flexible work environment, collaborative teams of specialists that prioritise a job well done, and the importance of environmental sustainability.
A few of our benefits include are:
- Paid holidays
- 401K employer contribution
- Working from home or remote city options
- Flexible hours
Plus, here are a few of our awesome social benefits:
- Fully stocked juice and pop (Minneapolis Home Office)
- Monthly happy hours
- Ping pong table (Minneapolis Home office)
- Popcorn machine (Minneapolis Home Office)
- Monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations
- Volunteering opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Professional development
- Diversity Commitment
At Landform you can:
- FORM YOUR PATH. Together, we’ll work to achieve your ideal career, including how your hard work will be rewarded.
- FORM YOUR TEAM. It’s less about traditional hierarchy and more about collaborating toward the right solution.
- FORM YOUR FUTURE. Your immersive experiences prepare you with skills to take on your future – including a unique portfolio and proficiency in working with cutting-edge tools.
Learn more about Landform.
- In 1994 Landform was created to redefine the way civil engineering firms functioned by forming multidisciplinary studios focused on specific market segments. We began providing a comprehensive design approach based on our commitment to learning about our client’s businesses and helping them succeed and grow.
- For more than 25 years, our philosophy has helped us build strong client relationships through our commitment to our values of quality, leadership, relationships, mentorship, and enthusiasm every step of the way.
Now we are looking forward to another 25 years of helping our clients succeed and create memorable places.
Propel your career today.
A brief written description can’t do the real Landform experience justice. Apply now Apply now to take the next step toward coming in for an interview to see the difference firsthand.