The purpose of the Social Worker Child Protection Investigator position is to provide assessment, refer families and the public to the appropriate community-based services, and conduct Child Protection investigations as warranted to ensure the immediate safety of children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These examples of typical duties do not include all possible tasks for this classification and do not limit the assignment of related tasks. Regular attendance according to the department's approved work schedule is required for all Sherburne positions.
Child Protection & Traditional Investigation/Family Assessment Response
- Responsible for requests for information and referral services in Sherburne County.
- Respond to and assess the need for protective services.
- Contact law enforcement and other community professionals for collateral purposes.
- Establish initial goals and objectives to ensure immediate safety of children.
- In physical abuse and neglect cases, determine appropriateness of Traditional Investigation vs Family Assessment Response.
- Pursue court action with supervisory approval and assistance of the County Attorney's Office.
- Complete necessary documentation to comply with State, Federal, and local policy.
BA/BS in Social Work or closely related field PLUS a minimum of 1 year of Social Work experience or equivalent education plus work experience.
Must have a valid MN driver's license and reliable vehicle.
Desirable experience: Social Worker CORE training, Signs of Safety training, Corner House training, SSIS training.
View full job posting and apply online: sherburnejobs.com