Child Protection case management services protect children from child abuse, neglect and exploitation; to prepare and implement case management plans for the treatment of child abuse, the protection of victims; to participate in legal actions arising from child abuse case activities; and to perform related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These examples of typical duties do not include all possible tasks for this classification and do not limit the assignment of related tasks. Regular attendance according to the department's approved work schedule is required for all Sherburne positions.
Initial Intake Screening, Assessment and Arrangement for Health & Human Services
- Accept referrals.
- Interview walk-ins or call-in requests for services.
- Complete necessary paperwork.
- Effectively engage individuals and families to assess and evaluate needs and strengths, including safety and risk.
- Collaborate with agencies and clients to determine eligibility, need, and level of service for identified clients.
- Construct and implement a Case Plan, which includes necessary assessments, defines goals and objectives, and provides for the direction of service.
- Coordinate and provide direct services and advocacy to clients and families.
- Facilitate access to and integrate community resources on behalf of the client.
- Evaluate, document, and monitor progress toward goals and objectives.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and statutes and professional practice.
- Complete agency, state, and federal required documentation as related to client activity according to mandated timelines.
- Close cases based on eligibility or client desire to discontinue services.
- Provide immediate response in crisis situations. Maintain safety for clients and community.
- Develop and implement a safety plan for clients to maximize their safety and minimize community risk.
- Prepares legal documents and testifies at court, as necessary.
BA/BS in Social Work or closely related field PLUS at least 1 year of Social Work experience or equivalent education plus work experience.
Must have a valid MN driver's license and reliable vehicle.
Desirable experience: Social Worker CORE/Foundation training, Signs of Safety training, Corner House training, SSIS training, previous Social Work Investigations/Assessments or Case Management experience.
View full job posting and apply online: sherburnejobs.com