Position Title: Veterinary Technician
Location: Ruff Start Rescue Vetting Suite
Reports to: Director of Programs and Vetting Manager
Status: Non-exempt, Part-time
Primary Function: Provide examinations, patient care, and surgical services for animals belonging to Ruff Start Rescue and participating rescues and shelters following the ideals and standards of Ruff Start Rescue. Work alongside the DVM to provide treatments to the rescue animals, based on their recommendations.
Evaluate and examine incoming surgical patients for previous sterilization surgery, hernias, pregnancy, cryptorchidism, or health problems that may preclude them from having surgery.
- Complete medical and surgical procedures in a competent, safe and efficient manner
- Assist in all aspects of surgical sterilization and medical care on all patients presenting for care.
- Enter the required data into medical records legibly, whether it be paper or computer-based.
- Help with set up, check-in, recovery, checkout, and cleaning.
- Work collaboratively with all other staff and volunteers to ensure animals are being cared for properly and getting the required treatments to prepare them to be adoptable.
- Veterinary Technician Certification is preferred along with high-quality, high-volume spay and neuter program veterinary technician experience.
- Preferred candidates need at least one year of anesthetic and surgical experience.
- Candidates need the ability to accurately evaluate the health and condition of animals while providing safe restraint.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, or typed.
- The right candidate will be able to work independently effectively and will be self-motivated.
Availability: One to two specified surgery days per week. The potential for two or more surgery days in the future. The ability and willingness to allow for a flexible schedule are key.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- veterinary assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page: