Sets up and operates a variety of milling machines to perform series of machining operations as defined in the job routings such as drilling, boring and contouring on metal and plastic work pieces.
- Reads and understands blueprints, job routings, tooling instructions, and standard charts for such specifications as dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions such as type of holding fixtures, cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- Edit programs in FANUC language to set specified rotation speeds, feed rates, and depth of cuts (excluding manual turning machinists).
- Must be able to run more than one machine where cycle time permits.
- Inspect parts to print including both dimensional and visual requirements.
- Complete all required documentation for the job including part measurements and shop floor paperwork.
- Train and mentor less experienced machinists, especially on machine setup.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to change tools, adjust heights and tool comps
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Proficiency with hand measuring tools and inspection equipment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience with 4 axis, 5 axis, vertical, or horizontal mills
- Experience with FANUC, Haas, and Mazak controls
- Experience writing or editing machine programs
- Experience training other machinists
- Experience setting up complex parts
- Previous experience working in the medical device industry
High School Degree or Equivalent required; two year degree from technical college strongly preferred.
2 years CNC milling experience with a technical college degree, or 4 years CNC milling experience
Respect & Trust
Learning & Development
Visit https://www.jobsinminneapolis.com/job/detail/40888436/CNC-Machinist-Milling-2nd-shift for more information.