We build things that make a difference in people’s lives.
Our overall company mission is to provide custom precision manufacturing and innovative services to medical, aviation, space, defense and emerging high tech industries.
We understand there are lots of choices out there, that is why for over 40 years we have been providing stability, a safe and clean environment, challenging work and are invested in the growth of our people to take them as far as they want to go.
Built Right. Every Time.
Operate a variety of CNC machines, Swiss machines, and manual turning machines. Machine Operators will perform a series of machining operations as defined in the job routings such as turning, boring, threading, and facing on metal and plastic work pieces.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position may participate in one or more of the following duties as directed by supervision or management.
- Machine Operators will be asked to run a variety of different machines. These machines include Verticals, Horizontals, Swiss, and Turning. The following information includes the duties and responsibilities involved with these various machines.
- Reads and understands blueprint, job routings, tooling instructions, and standard charts for such specifications as dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions such as type of holding fixtures, cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- Understand run out, tool length stick outs, and proper holder based on what the tool is doing.
- Must be able to run more than one machine where cycle time permits.
- Perform Quality Control Characteristics documentation of tolerance zones specified on blueprints.
- Inspect parts using tools that include, but are not limited to micrometers, calipers, and height stands
- Straighten plates and parts as needed with Arbor press or other methods.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Attending school for Machine Tool program from college or technical college.
0-1 year experience in a similar position in a machine shop and /or training.
Ability to read blueprints and working knowledge of GD&T.
Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills and the ability to think independently.
Personnel performing acceptance activities of product shall have natural or corrected near-vision acuity of 20/20 in at least one eye per Titmus screening or equivalent.