Location: Elk River
Hours: 6:00 am to 4:30 pm – Varies according to workload
Schedule: Monday – Thursday and some Fridays
Pay: Depends on experience
Employer: Distinctive Iron a Structural and Misc. Metal Custom Fabrication Shop, www.d-iron.com
To perform all functions necessary to fabricate custom structural and miscellaneous metals from blueprints in accordance with common fabrication requirements
- Must be able to work and adhere to safe working practices!
- Welding Certificate from a vocational/technical school or proven welding experience in custom fabrication of beams and columns
- Experience with stairs systems a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents – shop drawings
- Positive attitude and desire to work as a team player
- Ability to operate a forklift safely
- Comply with all applicable safety procedures and report unsafe conditions or potential safety hazards to the appropriate person
- Participate in rotational duties in the shop to maintain equipment
- Must pass a pre-employment background/drug test
- Be able to lift 60 pounds / more with assistance
- Ability to Push, Sit, Stand, Climb, Kneel, Stoop, Crouch, and stand on a ladder
- Simultaneously operate machinery and positioning materials requiring a high degree of mental operations, awareness, and concentration.
Job duties are performed indoors under noise levels exceeding 85dba, with potential hazards including electrical shock, burns, pinching, crushing, cuts, abrasions, fumes, electromagnetic radiation, and solvents.
Potential candidates will be asked to complete a weld test and prove the ability to perform math.
Experience working with a steel fabrication shop definitely a plus!
Referral bonus program (tell a friend)
Benefits (healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance, simple IRA plan with matching, bonus program when offered, PTO)
Resume to: email@example.com