We build things that make a difference in people’s lives.
Our overall company mission is to provide custom precision manufacturing and innovative services to medical, aviation, space, defense and emerging high tech industries.
We understand there are lots of choices out there, that is why for over 40 years we have been providing stability, a safe and clean environment, challenging work and are invested in the growth of our people to take them as far as they want to go.
Built Right. Every Time.
Sets up and operates Swiss machines to perform series of machining operations as defined in the job routings such as turning, boring, threading, and milling on metal and plastic bar stock.
- Reads and understands blueprints, job routings, tooling instructions, and standard charts for such specifications as dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions such cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- Write programs in FANUC language to set specified rotation speeds, feed rates, and depth of cuts.
- Inspect parts to print including both dimensional and visual requirements
- Positions and secures tools in tool holders on tool gangs.
- Recognize, understand and properly adjust dull or chipped tooling.
- Must be able to run more than one machine where cycle time permits.
- Perform Quality Control Characteristics documentation of tolerance zones specified on blueprints.
- Set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to fabricate tools, mechanism, and machines for experimental purposes.
- Complete all required documentation for the job including part measurements and shop floor paperwork.
- Train and mentor less experienced machinists, especially on machine setup.
- Be the 'go to person' for all questions in the department.
- Take on the responsibility as backup lead as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned such as floating to other departments like turning or milling as needed.
- Ability to change tools, adjust heights and tool comps
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Ability to setup complex jobs without assistance or supervision
- Proficiency with hand measuring tools and inspection equipment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in a machine shop environment
High School Degree or Equivalent required; two year degree from technical college strongly preferred.
3 years Swiss machining experience with a technical college degree, or 5 years Swiss machining experience
Visit https://www.jobsinminneapolis.com/job/detail/41911081/Swiss-Machinist-2nd-shift to apply!