To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Disperses Commissary orders and reviews orders with inmates for accuracy
2. Supervises inmate workers
3. Delivers special orders to housing units, such as razors and batteries
4. Conducts weekly physical inventory of Commissary and Vending products
5. Vending machine management (stock storage rooms and monitor product for usage)
6. Deducts funds from inmate accounts for commissary purchases and other fees
7. Prepares monthly billing of Sheriff's Office accounts
8. Process receipt payments on accounts
9. Prepare accounts payable vouchers for payment submission
10. Regular and reliable attendance according to the department approved work schedule
11. Develop and maintain respectful and cooperative working relationships
12. Perform other duties as assigned
An individual must meet the minimum qualifications as stated below to qualify for this position.
Post high school education of 1-2 years in finance, accounting, or similar field, and experience with governmental accounting. Four years of relevant work experience may substitute for educational requirement, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience. Prior experience in store management or retail accounting is desired.
Must have significant computer software experience and training. Must be comfortable working in a Jail environment while having direct contact with inmates. Ability to effectively communicate with inmates while enforcing Jail policies and procedures. Ability to lift up to 50 pound parcels and push a cart with this weight load.
Interviews will be scheduled for the week of April 12, 2021.
Apply online: www.sherburnejobs.com