Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These examples of typical duties do not include all possible tasks for this classification and do not limit the assignment of related tasks. Regular attendance according to the department's approved work schedule is required for all Sherburne County positions.
A) Use the appropriate legal action to determine and establish parentage of a child in need of support
B) Establish court orders for child support, medical support, child care support, past support and public assistance reimbursement
C) Enforce court orders for the collection of child support, medical support, child care support, past support and public assistance reimbursement on behalf of the children
D) Modify court orders when appropriate
E) Attempt to settle financial and parentage matters prior to court disposition
F) Court participation
G) Initiate legal actions to other states, and respond to interstate requests for legal action and/or collection requests from other states
H) Educate and inform the public about the child support program
Two years of college, technical school, or equivalent. This educational requirement may be substituted with two years of work experience as a Financial Worker/Eligibility Specialist in a County setting. Plus, one to three years of experience in a related field; or equivalent education plus work experience.
Preferred Experience Beyond Minimum Qualifications:
A college degree is preferred due to the amount of legal analysis, decision making, written and verbal communication and negotiating skills involved. In particular, degrees in criminal justice, legal assistance, pre-law or law related field, and accounting would be beneficial. Experience as a financial worker, collections officer, legal assistant, or accountant would also be beneficial, customer service experience is also preferred due to the high level of public contact.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Ability to operate office machines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Performs job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the County's vision, mission, and values.
- Develops and maintains a thorough working knowledge of all department and county-wide policies, protocols and procedures that apply to the performance of this position.
- Develops respectful and cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Informs immediate supervisor of all-important matters pertaining to assigned job responsibilities.
- Seeks opportunities for further personal growth and development.
- Represents the County in a professional manner to all internal and external contacts when doing the County's business.
- Complies with all rules and policies in order to maintain a safe work environment.
Apply Online: www.sherburnejobs.com