The Health & Human Services Director has overall responsibility for the planning, delivery, administration and evaluation of Health & Human Services programs, services and staff. This includes the overall supervision of 199 employees, numerous contractors and providers, and a 2020 department budget of $24 million. The Health & Human Services Director reports to the County Administrator and works under the policy direction of the County Board of Commissioners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These examples of typical duties do not include all possible tasks for this classification and do not limit the assignment of related tasks. Regular attendance according to the department's approved work schedule is required for all Sherburne County positions.
- Program administration: organization of programs and services ensuring quality service delivery; oversee ongoing program performance standards; ensure programs and services meet state, federal and local goals and audit requirements; assess client satisfaction.
- Manage departmental staffing functions to include staffing levels and patterns; maintenance of a safe working environment; departmental policies and procedures; oversee staffing training and development plans; implement Collective Bargaining Agreements and maintain positive relationships with union groups; etc.
- The continuous planning of program changes and new program development as legislation dictates and local initiatives arise.
- Maintain positive relationships with County elected officials through continuous education, information and accurate advice.
- Responsible for departmental financial management within parameters established by the County Administrator, County Board of Commissioners and County policies.
- Maintain positive community relations through development of public information, speaking engagements, membership in community groups, etc.
- Participate with State and professional organizations to give advice and consultation on proposed law, rule and policy development in the areas of Health and Human Services.