The Landform team is about to become even more dynamic – you could be our next Professional Engineer/Project Lead.
Ready for a fresh, contemporary take on design and development consulting? Landform helps private and public-sector clients create memorable places across the country.
You're a fit if you're passionate and interested in doing innovative and purposeful work that matters. If you align with our values—quality, leadership, relationships, mentorship, and enthusiasm. If you're positive, collaborative, and have plenty of pizazz.
We work in a studio model where everyone works side-by-side throughout each project's lifecycle so that you can focus on great work as you collaborate with all kinds of roles and experience levels. Three studios comprise the firm – Planning & Urban Design, Retail & Commercial Design, and Residential Design. Civil engineers, planners, land surveyors, development managers, landscape architects, and administrative support roles are part of the team.
We are looking for a Professional Engineer/Project Lead to join our Residential Design Studio. Duties include all aspects of residential site design, including preparation of site plans, grading, drainage, erosion control plans, utility plans, and coordination with other disciplines.
You’ll come with a knowledge of qualifications, competencies, requirements, capabilities, and knowledge:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with 5+ years of experience
- Basic knowledge of construction administration
- Familiar with specifications within the field
- Ability to comfortably work in a Windows and Microsoft environment
- Basic understanding of the software necessary to complete the level of communication needed
- Ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and growth-minded
- Professional Engineer
You’ll be expected to do/job responsibilities/tasks:
Familiarize yourself with Landform’s Mission, Vision, and Values in your everyday work, such as:
- RELATIONSHIPS: assist other team members, appropriate communication with clients, jurisdictional staff, and contractors
- MENTORSHIP: be a mentee to more experienced Designers and team members, work with others in a learning capacity, willingness to learn
- ENTHUSIASM: positive attitude, punctuality, strong work ethic, high utilization
Using the software and tools provided, become familiar with and use Landform’s systems and standards to:
- Proficient in using AutoCAD, experience in Civil3D is preferred
- Perform basic site drafting, grading, and plan preparation, including plotting and assembling plan sets
- Perform basic small-site stormwater modelling, storage indication, and routing methods
- Perform basic to intermediate quantity calculations
- Perform basic site lighting and landscape plans
- Perform private utility coordination, site investigations, technical and basic zoning research
- Perform basic design and materials selection with guidance
- Private utility coordination and basic zoning research
- Draft and setup addendums
Let’s talk about your future path with the Landform team.
Job seekers who match with Landform appreciate fast-paced and diverse work, a well-appointed and flexible work environment, collaborative teams of specialists that prioritize a job well done, and the importance of environmental sustainability.
A few of our benefits include are:
- Paid holidays
- FTO (Flex Time Off)
- 401K employer contribution
- Technology reimbursement
- Professional registration renewal fees
- Educational allowance
- Supplemental life
- Mental health care
- Career Advancement
- Charitable gift matching
- Work-from-home options
- Flexible hours
- Volunteer time
- Free lunch or snacks
- Employee Assistance
- Job training
- Tuition assistance
Plus, here are a few of our awesome social benefits:
- Annual employee appreciation nights
- Annual family events
- Ping pong table
- Fully stocked juice and pop
- Monthly happy hours
- Popcorn Machine (Minneapolis Home Office)
- Monthly birthday & anniversary celebrations
- Volunteering opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Fun and flexible schedule
- Professional development
- Socially responsible
- Diversity Commitment
- Pledge to thrive
- Fair chance pledge
- Pet friendly
At Landform you can:
- FORM YOUR PATH. Together, we’ll work to achieve your ideal career, including how your hard work will be rewarded.
- FORM YOUR TEAM. It’s less about traditional hierarchy and more about collaborating toward the right solution.
- FORM YOUR FUTURE. Your immersive experiences prepare you with skills to take on your future – including a unique portfolio and proficiency in working with cutting-edge tools.
Learn more about Landform.
- In 1994 Landform was created to redefine how civil engineering firms functioned by forming multidisciplinary studios focused on specific market segments. We began providing a comprehensive design approach based on our commitment to learning about our client’s businesses and helping them succeed and grow.
- For more than 25 years, our philosophy has helped us build strong client relationships through our commitment to our values of quality, leadership, relationships, mentorship, and enthusiasm every step of the way.
Propel your career today.
A brief written description can’t do the real Landform experience justice. Apply now to take the next step toward coming in for an interview to see the difference firsthand.
Now we are looking forward to another 25 years of helping our clients succeed and create memorable places.