Vision Transportation is a locally owned and family-operated school bus company proudly serving our communities of Elk River, Rogers, Zimmerman and Big Lake. We are looking for enthusiastic school bus and van drivers to join our team at the Elk River and Big Lake locations.
- Competitive part-time pay
- No nights, weekends or holidays
- We pay you to train! No experience necessary, we will guide you through the entire process
- A great way to be a part of and service your local school districts and communities
- Friendly and positive work environment
- Flexible hours
- 401K with employer match (after 1000 hours and 12 months)
- Bring your kids to work with you!
1) Drives a regular route, is a regular, spare or charter driver.
2) Must read and understand street signs, route sheets and maps.
3) Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections, including child checks.
4) Assists students in the loading and unloading process; maintains proficiency in the safe operation of the hydraulic wheelchair lift apparatus and securing the wheelchairs as applicable.
5) Cooperates and communicates with school personnel, parents and students.
6) Attendance at all safety and training meetings.
7) Conducts emergency evacuation from the bus, including exiting from the emergency doors.
8) Opens and closes service doors and moves up and down steps multiple times daily.
9) Cleans the insides of the bus including sweeping, dusting and cleaning windows. Cleans outside windows of the bus.
10) Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid CDL with proper endorsements or ability to obtain (for bus drivers)
- Must be able to pass a drug test, physical and background screening
- Basic knowledge of radio dispatch equipment, excellent communications and customer service skills