Elk River Area Chamber of Commerce Hosts Annual Meeting
Elk River, MN, September 28, 2021
The Elk River Area Chamber of Commerce held their annual membership meeting at the Oliver Kelly Farm’s Community Room. Kit Welchlin presented a seminar on Change, Stress & Doing More with Less.
The annual meeting provides the opportunity to hear about the accomplished of the chamber over the past year and thanking outgoing leadership. Chair Danyell Wendland of ABRA Autobody & Glass shared reflections on the year that was, including how her theme “New Roads Ahead” pivoted from a “get ready for 169 construction” to responding to business needs during the pandemic. She also helped lead the charge of the first of hopefully many team building opportunities for the board as they completed a surprise facelift on the chamber office. Also retiring from the board are – Corey Wemple, The Bank of Elk River who served as board chair from 20XX-20XX and Randy Barney, RB’s Computers who served on the Government Relations Committee.
Brian Bohnsack of Fleming Investment Group was installed as Board Chair and provided insight to his goals for the upcoming year. Goals include:
- Installation of a new electronic sign that will share community events and chamber updates
- Improvements to the exterior of the building
- Launching an Advanced Leadership program to compliment the Community Leadership program the chamber has been known for over the past 25 years.
- Helping local businesses with their workforce needs including best practices on hiring and retaining employees
- Updating the long standing “Chamber Bucks” Shop local program with a modern version.
- Continuing the chamber’s strong reputation for advocacy work making sure the voice of business is heard at all levels of government
New board members were elected in the spring and were installed
- David Black – The Bank of Elk River
- Ryan Hardin – Partners Real Estate MN Hardin Companies
- Anne Nelson – Cornerstone Automotive
# # #