Today's manufacturing and autmotive careers are about advanced technologies, state of the art facilities, and fast paced, interesting work environments. But most of all, these technical careers are about those people who like to see the product of a honest day?s work.
Join us to tour local manufacturers and automotive businesses and see for yourself the . . .
- variety of career opportunities available at local companies (wages, job skills, responsibilities)
- pathways to building the knowledge and skills needed to qualify for today?s manufacturing jobs
- purpose and value of the modern manufacturing companies located in our community
This evening of career exploration is set up for community members, middle and high school students and their parents. It will start will a light dinner provided by our host Preferred Powder Coating followed by information on careers, training, wages and opportunities.
Host and starting location:
Preferred Powder Coating, 10846 170th Ave NW, Elk River
Locations to tour (must provide your own transportation)
- Alliance Machine - delivering high-value manufacturing solutions to the aerospace, defense, medical, and technology industries. Our team includes experienced and highly skilled managers, engineers and machinists
- Distinctive Iron - fabricates structural and miscellaneous steel and aluminum to the highest possible standard at a competitive price meeting or exceeding their customer expectations.
- MetalCraft - is recognized among the leading suppliers in Medical Device and Implant Manufacturing by providing custom machining solutions dedicated to quality, service, innovation and people.
- Preferred Powder Coating - electrostatically applies a dry coating of pigment to a product, then cure it under heat to allow the pigment to spread and form an even-coated finish in an environmentally sustainable process.
- Sportech - designs and manufactures comprehensive accessory products for Powersports, Golf and Turf, Agricultural and more
Tour #2 7:30-8:00pm
Safety Requirements: All attendees must
- be at least 11 years-old
- wear closed toed shoes
- wear safety glasses (provided)