COOL JOBS TOUR 2022
Date and Time
Thursday Oct 27, 2022
4:00 PM - 7:30 PM CDT
Register for up to three tours, including final presentation with light meal
Free and open to community members, middle and high school students and their parents
COOL JOBS TOUR 2022
Today's manufacturing careers are about advanced technologies, state of the art facilities, and fast paced, interesting work environments. But most of all, these technical careers are about those people who like to see the product of a honest day's work.
Join us to tour local manufacturers businesses and see for yourself the . . .
- variety of career opportunities available at local companies (wages, job skills, responsibilities)
- pathways to building the knowledge and skills needed to qualify for today's manufacturing jobs
- purpose and value of the modern manufacturing companies located in our community
This evening of career exploration is set up for community members, middle and high school students and their parents. Tour up to three state of the art manufacturer's and complete your evening with a light meal and information on careers, training, wages and opportunities.
Locations to tour (must provide your own transportation)
4:00 pm - 4:45 pm Tour #1, choose between three options (ERMC, CDI & TimRon)
5:00 pm - 5:45 pm Tour #2, choose between two options (CDI & TimRon)
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Tour #3 and Career Presentation - Metal Craft for a tour, light meal and a presentation on careers & training in manufacturing.
Safety Requirements: All attendees must
- be at least 11 years-old
- wear closed toed shoes
- wear safety glasses (provided)
More about our host locations:
- Metal Craft was established in 1978. Jack Mowry started the company in the small suburb of Elk River. The company is an expert in the precision machining of medical devices. In 1996, Jack purchased a division of Cray Research in Wisconsin, which was known for brazements. This expanded the operations to precision machining products for the military and aerospace industries. The company has approximately 155 employees with 2 shifts.
- Elk River Machine Company (ERMC) - Once upon a time, in 2019, three reliable contract manufacturing companies were available for sale. They were folded together with a 4th company and became Hutchinson Manufacturing Holdings, LLC. Our combined capabilities for producing everything from small metal components to large metal structures include: sheet metal fabrication, CNC machining, welding, chemical conversion, painting and complex assembly. √ Steel and aluminum weldments √ Sheet metal components √ High volume production √ Low volume production The four companies are: Elk River Machine Company, Hutchinson Manufacturing, Mid-Continent Engineering, and Micron Metalworks"
- CDI Curbs - We manufacture metal curbs that go on top of buildings in-between the building and the HVAC system, we cover all aspects of welding, machine operating and then have some general laborers crating and insulating our products!
- Timron Precision Gear, Inc. - Timron is a manufacturer of precision gears, worms and Acme threads used in commercial aerospace and defense. Timron was founded in 1989 by Tim Corpe and Ron Fritz. Timron is now a 2nd generation business with 30 employees. We machine parts on manual, CNC gear cutting and grinding machines. We offer opportunities in Shipping/Receiving, machinist /operators, deburring, inspection and in the office from clerical, job processing, production control, engineering, quality and safety.